Wednesday, November 2, 2011

5 Types of Rhythm

Trochee- A foot consisting of one long or stresses syllable followed by one short unstressed syllable.

"Should you ask me, whence these stories"

Should you ask me, whence the stories

Anapest- A metrical foot consisting of two short or unstressed syllables followed by one long or stressed syllable.

"I must finish my journey alone"

I must finish my journey alone

Spondee- A foot consisting of two long (or stressed) syllables.

"White founts falling in the courts of the sun"

White founts falling in the courts of the sun 

Dactyl- A metrical foot consisting of one stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables.

"Just for a handful of silver he left us"

Just for a handful of silver he left us

Iamb- A metrical foot consisting of one short (or unstressed) syllable followed by one long (or stressed) syllable.

"Shall i compare thee to a summer's day?"

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment